Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our Move

So, if you follow me on Facebook, then you know that we moved from the wonderful city of Spruce Pine, NC to Piney Flats, TN.  We moved a little over a year ago, and well it was an adjustment. Our house in NC was kind of off to itself and we had a huge front yard, and a fenced in back yard. I really liked it. No neighbors to worry about and no one could really see our house from any kind of public road at all. I felt safe.  Now, we live in a subdivision right off the road. It has been hard to get used to the fact that if I walk outside in my pjs...everyone can SEE me. And then I get all nervous if the kids are outside playing.  I have to constantly check on them because we are close to the road and I worry about psychos picking them up.  We just recently got new neighbors. We haven't had any up until now. This is a brand spankin' new subdivision and we were the first house here! We still have yet to meet any of these neighbors, mainly because I'm afraid of looking like a dork with a basket of baked goods.  And well, the fact that our kids have been germy for about 4 weeks now. First it was some horrible cold, and now it's hand, foot and mouth! But all things considered, I love living in a larger city.

There are a few things I enjoy the most about living here, I will list them!

-The Mall

Ummm...hello! Before I had to plan an ENTIRE day to get my shopping fix! Now, it's like a 10 min drive! SCORE!

-Resturants

I'll just say that I'm packing an extra 20 lbs. since our move! Yummy!

-Schools

There are so many schools here! Just having something to pick from for my boys made me feel better!

-Church

We found an amazing church to attend. We love it, the kids love it. It's been a great fit. We haven't officially joined yet, but we will soon.

-Socializing

It is so nice to actually make plans with people and do something. We have had so many play dates for the kiddos. It is pretty awesome to have a convo with someone over the age of 6 every now and then...

-Being 'Unknown'

This has to be my favorite. I grew up in such a small town, where everyone knew you. I enjoy not being known...or gossiped about.

Yep, I'm adjusting to this move.  It took a while. Some days I still like to just stay home in my pjs and do nothing, but most of the time I am out picking up my chai latte from Starbucks, and picking my boys up from school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment